Department of Oceanography
1355 Oxford Street
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2
Processing SOPALE Output
TMM (Thermo-mechanical Model)
old SOPALE documentation
Geodynamics home page
Processing Sopale Output
bmnt_library is a collection of
shell scripts and IDL programs designed for processing the output
files of sopale.
scan_matlabfile reads sopale matlab output and produces text
- coordinates and eulerian velocities (at the center of each
column) of the surface.
- height and depth of a given material.
Making Animated Gifs
- Use sopale_plot to create a multi-page postscript file <file>.ps
- Use "identify" to determine the size (width x height) of the image:
- Use "gv" to decide how much white space to cut off the top;
- Use "convert" to make the animated gif:
convert -page <width>x<height2> <file>.ps -delay 200 -loop 0 -rotate -90 <file>.gif
The original system is IDL_M-S Scripts, written by Sergei Medvedev.
Usage: Take a copy of the IDL programs, and modify them to make
This page was last modified on Wednesday, 07-Oct-2015 13:26:30 ADT
Comments to geodynam at dal dot ca